Assistant Professor Otolaryngology
Thomas Jefferson University
Christiana Care Health Services
- For detailed, easily understood information on the mechanism and pathology of hearing as far as is currently understood please look at the site Promenade ‘Round the Cochlea. This site contains material far beyond the needs of most patients but is essential reading for Otolaryngologists. It is full of helpful illustrations and clear images from light microscopy and electron microscopy that any viewer will find both beautiful and inspiring.
- Additional clear information about Dizziness and Balance disorders as well as a directory of physicians who have special interest and expertise in Dizziness and Balance disorders can be found at the website of The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA).
- For a complete description Delaware’s hearing loss resources, support groups, lipreading instruction, and other programs go to: Hearing Loss Association of Delaware.
- For more information about migraine and vertigo, go to this site: http://www.mvertigo.org. You will find a good selection of peer-reviewed articles to enhance your knowledge. There is also a bulletin board for patients like you to discuss your condition.
- Magnesium seems to be an effective but less mainstream treatment for migraine. For more information about magnesium and migraine, go to: http://www.mgwater.com/prev1801.shtml.
PDF files require an Acrobat Reader.
Last Updated: January 18, 2008